From:
Robot Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robot Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 18:00:19 -0400
Scott Evans has requested input on whether a mission should be
considered "shared" as part of the Game Updates. If you have a
preference or recommendation, please vote according to the game
update. The deadline is Monday morning.

http://firstlegoleague.org/challenge/robotgameupdates

SPECIAL TEMPORARY NOTICE
In 13 years of doing this job, I've never done this before...  I'm
appealing to YOU for a ruling.  "Baking Soda Volcano" (a team from
Oklahoma) (Ya gotta love it), asks if the Similarity mission is a
shared mission for the purposes of Rule 24.  And I am exactly 50/50 on
this.  Usually I have fifty thousand reasons why something should be a
certain way, but I'm so divided on this, that I tried to flip a coin,
and the coin kept landing on its EDGE!  Okay, not true.  Anyway,
obviously the Similarity mission is not AS shared as the Play Ball
mission, but the models ARE quite close to the wall, and your score is
definitely both dependent on and shared by the other team.  This means
an expert referee could rule either way on this and be right. Or
wrong.  We can't have inconsistency like that.

SO:  Please vote over the weekend.  I'm not setting up any fancy
voting button.  Just e-mail [log in to unmask] and put
either "SHARED" or "NOT" as the subject.

I'll count the votes Monday morning and replace this post with the
decision.  Thanks!  Incase this confuses you, I'm asking you to vote
on whether or not you think a robot should be allowed to reach over
the table's north border wall at a tournament and interact with the
other team's Similarity model.