From:
Anant Narayanan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anant Narayanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:46:14 -0400
Sonya:

We have not built the exact model, but have experimented with lightweight tables. If you are interested, I can send you more details.  The main lesson is that rigid tables hold up better over multiple seasons.  Some kids/teams are harder on tables than others.  We found that we did not need portability, and so we have ended up using highly accurate MDF tables.  There were no surprises.   The only counterintuitive experience was that using poor quality tables improved the resilience of the team's programming, due to the need to compensate for variability.  This might be beneficial.

Nari

______________________________________
Sent by
Anant Narayanan
Founder & Executive Director
McLean Robotics Institute
+1.202.421.3826
via AT&T from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Has anyone used the stow and go portable practice table designed by the Inventioneers team?

http://theinventioneers.blogspot.com/2010/09/stow-or-go-home-practice-table-update.html

If so, can you share your feedback on it?  Did you use it as your main practice table, and did it function just as the tournament tables, without any surprises or differences once you got to the competition?  I am mostly interested in knowing if it really is equivalent to using a full size table.

Many thanks!
Sonya Shaver