From:
Frank Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:41:06 -0500
We were in the same boat.  Our experts (including a former NASA
administrator) all liked our solution and said that it was clear that the
kids had really researched and understood the problem.  The judges rated
everything... quality of research, knowledge of the problem, and innovation
in the "developing" column.  The comments on the rubric clearly indicate
that the judges didn't understand the problem, nor did they understand the
solution that the team presented.  I have judged for the project in prior
years... I get it.  It's not easy.  That said, it's hard to explain the
disconnect to the kids.

-Frank