Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2015 22:02:41 +0000
From:
Angie Fontanilla <[log in to unmask]>
Judy,

You're referring to the FIRST STIMS (Student Team Information Management System).  It is not accepting that particular student's application for FLL because the system bases a student's eligibility on their date of birth. The official age range for the FLL program is 9 to 14 (in the US).    FIRST is more lenient on the starting age for our programs.  However, they are firm on the ending age (i.e. a 16-year old in the U.S. cannot participate in FLL).  NOTE:  Age limit for FLL in some countries is 16.

WHAT SHOULD THE PARENT DO:

I1)  Parent may choose to enter the child's data in FIRST STIMS.  However, they will not be able to enter the child's FLL team number.

2)  Parent will have to complete a hard-copy of the FIRST Consent & Release Form and submit to the team coach.  Download a copy of this document at:

 https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.usfirst.org_uploadedFiles_Robotics-5FPrograms_Consent-5Fand-5FRelease-5FForm.pdf&d=BQIFAw&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=J5fb0ELkRoh7TzAGYz99sSMvB-c7i4AC0HDT2OVPrww&m=VrbJxMbwg77MoeYsfLhfh7KpeI2zgWUENotbhBk3MT4&s=leEboDid2m2ttzG01-Qke2Fjfbo926sZ18VH8J8Kx8Y&e= .

WHAT SHOULD THE COACH DO:

1)  After all the parents in your team have completed the FIRST STIMS process, log on to your FLL TIMS to accept each student's membership to your team.

2)  Print out the Team Roster report from your FLL TIMS.

3)  If you have any students who are under age 9, get the signed FIRST Consent & Release form from their parent.  Make sure that you hand-write that child's name on the Team Roster report (generated from FLL TIMS).

4)  Submit both the printed Team Roster and the signed Consent forms at the Check-In Desk on tournament day.

NOTE:  Signing a hard-copy of the FIRST Consent & Release form should only be used in cases wherein the parent cannot enter their child's data on FIRST STIMS.  Otherwise, all other parents can complete this same form on-line via FIRST STIMS.

Parents who have children in multiple FIRST programs (Jr. FLL, FLL, FTC or FRC) should enter each child's data on FIRST STIMS.  Parent should also complete the on-line FIRST Consent & Release form for each child.

All coaches and mentors for FIRST teams (Jr. FLL, FLL, FTC and FRC) should complete the on-line FIRST Consent & Release form.

For more detailed information about FIRST STIMS or FLL TIMS, contact US FIRST at 1-800-871-8326.

thanks,

Angie Fontanilla
Senior Mentor, Washington, DC, FIRST
V (703) 405-2912 (C)