Sender:
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:34:03 -0400
From:
Robot Bill <[log in to unmask]>
To: Larry Landsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Personal opinion provided...

"*Can *you do that"? Yes, you can. Anything that is not specifically
disallowed in the setup, missions, rules and updates is allowed per the
rules.

The better question would be "*should *you do that"? Depends on your team
and how you intend to run your program. You will get differing opinions,
most of which will probably tell you no. For the tournaments, check out how
the team will be judged during the Robot Design judging by reading the
appropriate Rubric:
http://www.firstlegoleague.org/sites/default/files/Challenge/Combined%20Rubrics.pdf,
specifically, the design and innovation section. Your team might do
relatively poorly during the judging. More importantly, you might be
depriving your team the opportunity to be creative, explore and invent.
That, to me, is one of the best parts of FLL!

Best of Luck!
Bill Aucoin