Sender:
From:
"Swayne, Dominic - swaynedd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:12:34 +0000
All,

We’ll be hosting another NOVA new coaches workshops at the SAIC’s McLean Towers Conference Room at 5:30 Pm on September 30th.

My workshop sessions usually lasts about 3 hours.  We’ll go over the basics of the program, and the four elements in detail (teamwork, research, design, robot performance).  We’ll go through all the missions on the field and discuss some basic problem solving strategies and wrap things up with a short session on programming just to get you started with the programming environment (not to make you experts).

I will have a couple of laptops and spare “base” robots if you need one to learn on – be prepared to share if we have a large turnout.

Please let me know if you plan to attend so that I can keep SAIC folks informed.  Directions from various locations are below.

Thanks,

Nick

Directions:
From Rockville:
1. Take I-270 South (toward Northern Virginia) to I-495 South (toward Richmond).
2. Take Exit 46A (Tyson’s Corner/Route 123 South)
3. Go to the second light, and veer right onto International Drive
4. At the first light, turn left onto Greensboro Drive and the second left onto Solutions Drive.
5. Go straight and cross-over SAIC Drive. Enter the round-about and make a right turn into the parking garage for visitors.

________________________________

From Baltimore:
1.Take I-95 South to Washington
2. When I-95 turns toward Richmond, follow I-495 West (signs say Silver Spring)
3. Continue on I-495 west and then south, over the state line into Virginia Exit 46A (Tyson Corner/Route 123 South)
4. Go to the second light, and veer right onto International Drive
5. At the first light, turn left onto Greensboro Drive.
6. Make a left turn onto Solutions Drive
7. Go straight and cross-over SAIC Drive. Enter the round-about and make a right turn into the parking garage for visitors.

________________________________

From National Airport:
1. Go north on the George Washington Parkway toward Route 123 South.
2. Take the exit for Route 123 South-Chain Bridge Road/McLean
3. Go about 4 ½ miles on Route 123.
4. Make a right turn onto International Drive
5. At the first light, turn left onto Greensboro Drive.
6. Make a left turn onto Solutions Drive
7. Go straight and cross-over SAIC Drive. Enter the round-about and make a right turn into visitor’s parking.

________________________________

From Dulles Airport:
1. Take the Dulles Access Road and exit to Route 7 East
2. After the first light on Route 7 begin merging left and make a left turn onto Westpark Drive
3. Go up the hill one block to the next light and turn right on Greensboro Drive
4. Make a right turn onto Solutions Drive
5. Go straight and cross-over SAIC Drive. Enter the round-about and make a right turn into visitor’s parking

________________________________

From Washington D.C.
1. Before 4 p.m. and after 6:30 p.m., take I-66 West to Exit 67 (Dulles Access/Toll Road).
2. Follow the signs for "All Local Exits (267 West)" to Exit 17 (Spring Hill Road). There will be a .50 toll.
3. After the toll booth, turn left onto Spring Hill Road (which becomes International Drive)
4. At the fourth light, turn right on Greensboro Drive
5. Take the second left onto Solutions Drive
6. Go straight and cross-over SAIC Drive. Enter the roundabout and make a right turn into visitor’s parking. NOTE: Between 4 and 6:30 p.m. Route 66 becomes an HOV road and you must have 2 or more passengers to use it. If you are traveling alone, between 4:00 and 6:30 p.m., ask directions to the George Washington Parkway and proceed as follows: Go north on the George Washington Parkway toward Route 123 South.
Take the exit for Route 123 South-Chain Bridge Road/McLean.
Go about 4 ½ miles on Route 123.
Veer right at the light (2 lanes turn) onto International Drive.