Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:44:23 -0400
From:
B Bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
To: Darlene Pantaleo <[log in to unmask]>
If you know the schedule of the child ahead of time, you can write the
officials of your tournament and see if it possible to work his absence
around the skit presentation. Like ask for a very early or very late skit
time.  They may not be able to accommodate you, but it would be worth
asking.   Somebody has to go last right?
  You can make him director of the play, or the sign holder, someone who
says the name of the play, flips the board at the end that says "that's all
folks" (or whatever.:)  You can make him a human prop in the play- coat
rack with ultrasonic coat gripper anyone?-, which can be pretty funny, but
also set aside in the event he can not be there.
  More trying - and very dependent on the age of the students- is making
the child the least number of the lines in the play his understudy, so in
the event he can not be there, the understudy says both sets of lines, not
just his/her own.  We've had years where this was not a good option, and
years where the kids stepped in for people who were absent during the
practice and I thought,"Great. if one person is absent for illness, this
will still be ok!"
Good luck.
Brandy