From:
Karen Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2020 17:44:39 -0500
Teams,

I hope you're all doing well in this crazy year. I know many of you all are learning how to coach teams in a remote environment and we're busy learning how to run tournaments in a remote environment as well. We're just a few
days from the opening of the tournament preference selection portion of the
VA-DC FLL registration process.  I have included a lot of notes below as
well as the previous email about registration below that so please take a few minutes
and read the notes.  We look forward to seeing you all at regional
tournaments in January/February!

Important things
to remember:

VA-DC
     FLL registration is open now (all except the tournament
     preference portion) and will remain open until midnight, December
     10th.  You MUST be registered by that time to compete in a VA-DC FLL
     regional tournament

Starting
     at 10 am on December 1st you will be able to select your preferences for
     tournament date (1st, 2nd,
     3rd and 4th choices). This must be completed
     by midnight on December 10th. We hope to post assignments by December
     15th. This year you will select your date preferences
     only (not specific events). Due to flexibility for scheduling with some events, we’ll finalize the schedule for some of our tournaments after we see where the most interest is (hopefully get more teams
     their 1st choices)

Teams
     will be assigned “locally” where possible though some teams may get moved
     to other regions depending on availability of space (since
     events are remote, there’s no travel required). A few events
     may be for teams from across Virginia/DC if there is not enough local
     interest to hold a local-only event.

There
     will be at least 1 Sunday event (more if there’s enough interest) but the
     final date of that event(s) will depend on when the most interest is

If
     you do not plan to participate in VA-DC FLL regional events please email
     Kaitlin Ilnitzki (mailto:[log in to unmask])
     and include your team number. This saves us a lot of time
     tracking down missing teams in the next few weeks.

Assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. Some may be single-division events, depending on the teams requesting those dates. If you have a strong date preference, the earlier you register, the better.

Note to organizations or coaches with more than one team (we
      will do our best to accommodate):

If
      you want all teams assigned to same event, please make sure that all 4 date
      choices are the same, in the same order and list the organization and/or
      coach as the same

If
      you don’t want them assigned to the same event, please make sure that the
      date choices are different and/or in different orders

While
     we do what we can to get teams into their 1st choice not all
     teams will get their 1st choice so please select other choices
     with that in mind.

Please
     make sure that you register ALL members of the team and include their grades
     and birthdays. This ensures that your team is placed in the
     correct division and that we order enough participation ribbons for all members
     of your team.  Remember that we have
     changed how divisions are assigned this year and it is now based on grade
     levels.

Remember that
the VA-DC FLL Registration system will close at midnight on December
10th.  After that point you will NOT be
able to make any changes to your team information (team members, names, etc.).  Please have all changes done by
this time.  We must lock the system to allow us to do the team assignments
and the system will remain locked even after the assignments are completed.

I strongly recommend that you join us at 7 pm on December 8th for the final webinar (focusing on what to expect at tournaments this season) due to the new remote format we're all going to be learning.  Information about registering for the webinar can be found on the website (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.va-2Ddcfll.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=k6Oa5GxfBPFMgGjb2r5QIoEOeBZs9xbNIpA0kLw_kFQ&m=KRBkqK_lyFxZoZrbmyxmz2W2fTAoz_4wpmuQtW2YXGY&s=Xjb08npkj4zCQO6nVrQV9tru6oiYqTas3ctif5DZ7Kc&e= ).  For those unable to join live, the webinar will be recorded and posted to the website as well.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you all in January/February!

 Karen
 -----------

Karen Berger

mailto:[log in to unmask]
VA-DC FLL Regional
Tournament Coordinator

Welcome to
the 2020/2021 RePlay FIRST LEGO League Season!

We
hope you are just as excited about the new RePlay season as we are!  We're
a few weeks away from the opening of the tournament preference portion of the
VA-DC FLL registration at 10 am on December
1st!

A few
critical updates and changes for this season:

1.     All official
events will be remote this season

2.     If you have a
registered team and will NOT be participating in a Regional
Tournament in January/February, please let us know (simply email mailto:[log in to unmask])

3.     For tournament
preferences, this year teams will only be selecting their preferred dates (not
locations). Teams will then be assigned “locally” if possible but due to the
remote format, some teams may be assigned to events “outside” of their
area.  Tournament dates include: 1/23/21, 1/24/21, 1/30/21, 1/31/21, 2/6/21, 2/7/21 (note that there will be at least one
Sunday event but not all Sundays may have tournaments)

Registration
is open, VA-DC FIRST LEGO League teams are encouraged to start/complete
the https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__va-2Ddcfll.org_fll-2Dchallenge_team-2Dresources_event-2Dregistration_&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=k6Oa5GxfBPFMgGjb2r5QIoEOeBZs9xbNIpA0kLw_kFQ&m=KRBkqK_lyFxZoZrbmyxmz2W2fTAoz_4wpmuQtW2YXGY&s=Z2KfymjfCAtZr5ifJbiTovye1pxo8rUrSnohOtXxDgg&e=  now!

Below is specific information on how to complete the
registration process.

FLL team with FIRST (team name, national FLL
team number, coach contact info, etc.).  FIRST
LEGO League teams MUST be registered with FIRST for the 2020 RePlay season
before registering with the VA-DC FLL Region.  FIRST will issue the FLL
team number.

register your team, go to: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__my.firstinspires.org_AccountManager_Account_Register&d=CwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=eu72oTsZsw1-Xh8V5EvYgQ&m=wOrTs5KjWMVY7zCiiHz6IfBzuG1hpANXOfIHJaNGHdE&s=t6X9vaJxyGinsZwAk5ydZII3Vl1hJQrD1GSMKKGmseo&e=

2. Create
Team Manager account and enter
team information (team name, team number, coach
contact info, team member names, dates of birth, grades, etc.). Grade
determines the team’s VA-DC FLL division:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__teammanager.va-2Ddcfll.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=k6Oa5GxfBPFMgGjb2r5QIoEOeBZs9xbNIpA0kLw_kFQ&m=KRBkqK_lyFxZoZrbmyxmz2W2fTAoz_4wpmuQtW2YXGY&s=jw2lc4dNOpKmCKp5gHdVJQjCAt6PkI3VV1I02xejaPw&e=

3. Pay
the $100 VA-DC FLL Regional Registration Fee (due
by 12/10/2020).  Make sure to use your FLL National Registration
number.  Options for payment include:

a. Credit
card online payment: An additional $3.00 credit card
processing fee will be charged with this option.  Go to: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jmu.irisregistration.com_Form_VADCFLL20RMT&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=k6Oa5GxfBPFMgGjb2r5QIoEOeBZs9xbNIpA0kLw_kFQ&m=KRBkqK_lyFxZoZrbmyxmz2W2fTAoz_4wpmuQtW2YXGY&s=n5QtuBY8VOObOYLLETupwSU_h0VTeGDpwR1RhKzTTbs&e=

b. Pay
by check: Send a check for $100 to the address
below. Be sure to include your team number on the check so that
it can be correctly credited.  Multiple payments may be
included in the same check, but each team numbers must be indicated. Mailing
address for check payments:

            VA-DC
FLL

            James Madison
University

            800 S. Main, MSC
3516

            Harrisonburg, VA
22807

c. Pay
by purchase order: Purchase orders are acceptable from
any VA or DC school system. Send your purchase order to the address below
or email them to mailto:[log in to unmask]
Be sure to include your team number on the PO so that it can be correctly
credited. Multiple payments may be included in the same PO, but each team
numbers must be indicated. Mailing address for P.O. payments:

VA-DC
FLL

       Lakeview Hall

       800 S. Main, MSC 0305

Harrisonburg, VA 22807

4. Regional
Qualifying Tournament Date Preference Selection (pick 1st, 2nd,
3rd and 4th  choice). This
final step (selection of tournament dates) will not be available until 10 am on
December 1st.

Assignments
are based on a first-come, first-serve basis based on tournament date selection
so starting registration now will not guarantee your preference but does give
you ample time to collect team member information ahead of time.

You
will be able to come back and make updates/changes as needed until the end of
the registration period on December 10th.  We will send out reminders
when we get close to the opening of the regional tournament date selection
portion.

Please email mailto:[log in to unmask]  for any
assistance.  Thank you and we are looking forward to yet another
fun-filled and successful season!

Sincerely,

VA-DC FIRST LEGO
League Staff