From:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2022 11:22:40 -0500
I'm not a ref, but I will give this my best shot. Pretty sure a bonafide
ref will hop in if I goon it up too much :)

1. As per the rules for M01, the innovation piece must be made of AT LEAST
two white pieces. It doesn't say anything about other colors or types of
pieces, so it doesn't matter. Go for it. Don't forget there is also a size
requirement.
2. When the 2:30 is up, if the robot is moving, the refs will stop the
robot. Only points that have actually been scored prior to expiration of
time will count.
3. From the robot game rules, page 20: Here is what happens to any
equipment or mission models that were in contact with the robot when it was
interrupted outside home (even partly):
• If the object was with the robot when it launched: Keep it. Bring it with
the robot.
• If the object was obtained after the robot was launched: Give it to the
referee for the remainder of the match

If the team accidentally drops something on the table, in general that is
not a problem and the refs will give them back to the team, assuming they
were meant to go back to the team, based on the rules above.