From:
Robert Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:47:24 -0400
We're thinking about adding pneumatics this year, and our team was
wondering what Lego kits we need to have to facilitate this. I see the
"Mechanisms Pneumatics Add-On Set" #W979641 (see
https://www.legoeducation.com/store/detail.aspx?KeyWords=pne
umatics&by=20&ID=1572&c=0&t=0&l=0 or http://tinyurl.com/4amaj8). The
verbiage on that item says that this kit "Requires Mechanisms Set
(979632)". Is this really true? We already have the NXT and RCX kits,
along with a large selection of other Lego pieces. Do we really need
the Mechanisms set? Or is that just for people (teachers) who don't
have additional pieces in their classroom and need pieces (gears,
etc.) to have the pneumatics drive.

(As an aside, I can't find on the Lego Education web site where the
description lists the pieces in the kit. It is very annoying to buy a
collection of pieces without knowing exactly what pieces are in the
collection.)

Thanks for any help you can provide.