VADCJRFLL-L Archives

June 2012

VADCJRFLL-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Wendy Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wendy Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:53:58 -0400
This is a reminder FIRST team 1086 Blue Cheese will be hosting a coaches'
meeting for people interested in starting their own JrFLL team this evening at
Twin Hickory library (5001 Twin Hickory Road  Glen Allen, VA 23059). It starts
at 6:30pm. We will go through a season, time frames, costs, etc, and then
answer questions.

Parents - it is difficult to find a open spots on someone else's team.  Do not let
this discourage you from engaging in the program. Most JrFLL teams are started
by parents whose children want to participate and they already have friends to
fill in the remaining spots.
Starting a team is simple, low cost and can be done with as little as 2 children.
There is no extended long term commitment. While we're sure once you get
involved you will be hooked into the FIRST family :) Your registration covers 1
season's challenge and the challenge can be done when it fits into your
schedule. 6-8 weeks is generally how long teams meet, for once a week (or
more if you wish) 1-2 hours a meeting.
There is no experience needed! You have fun researching a subject and building
a LEGO model, spending quality time with your kids.

**We will not have any of the models or activities at this meeting, it is simply
an informational session for potential coaches.
If you are unable to make it but would like more info or have any questions,
feel free to email me.