VADCJRFLL-L Archives

October 2012

VADCJRFLL-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Sally Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:20:43 +0000
Hello Jr.FLL Coaches and Friends of Jr.FLL,

I am excited to pass on dates and locations for multiple Jr.FLL Expos in Virginia/DC.
This is the list of Expos that I know of so far;  I'm sure more will be added as the season goes on.
If you are interested in hosting an Expo, I am happy to help you with all the details of how to put on an event.
Jr.FLL Expos are fun to host and don't take a lot of space, volunteers or resources - contact me and I'll help you out!

With Jr.FLL you are allowed and encouraged to attend more than one Expo (as long as you are willing to pay
the registration fee).

For the November Expos listed below, the Expo organizers will be posting information ASAP on how to register, what
the cost to attend is and all the details.  A few things you can expect no matter what Expo you attend:
Your team will be given a table to showcase your LEGO model and Show-Me Poster
Your team will have fun - even if you don't think you are ready, go and celebrate what your team has learned!

November 3rd

  *   Eagle Ridge Middle School – Ashburn, VA
  *   In conjunction with a FIRST LEGO League (FLL) Tournament
  *   Check-in and set-up 8:00 am – Opening Ceremonies 9:00 am
  *   More details and registration information to follow

November 10th

  *   Deep Run High School – Glen Allen, VA
  *   In conjunction with a FIRST LEGO League (FLL) Tournament
  *   PM event
  *   More details and registration information to follow

November 10th

  *   Christian Life Center – Williamsburg, VA
  *   More details and registration information to follow

November 17th –   (Tentative if enough interest)

  *   Mary Henderson Middle School – Falls Church, VA
  *   In conjunction with a FIRST LEGO League (FLL) Tournament
  *   Please email Don Brobst, FIRST Senior Mentor DC, if your team is interested.  Email Don at:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

March 2nd

  *   Arthur Ashe Center – Richmond, VA
  *   In conjunction with FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) Championship Event
  *   AM event
  *   More details and registration information to follow

March 31st

  *   Washington DC Convention Center – DC
  *   In conjunction with the DC FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Regional
  *   More details and registration information to follow

May 4th

  *   Science Museum of Virginia – Richmond
  *   AM Event
  *   More details and registration information to follow

I hope you are all having a great Super Senior season, and don't hesitate to contact me with any questions!!

Sally Sylvester
FIRST Senior Mentor Virginia