FEAST-L Archives

March 2010

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Jennifer Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:34:55 -0500
Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to alert everyone to the English-language release of the
LBGT film "This is Family" from French director Jean Batiste Erreca.

This film focuses on the diversity of viewpoints and people that
identify as LBGT - including, for example, queer members of the First
Nations organization Two Spirit, the Pink Brigades, and the Pink
Pistols, a LBGT pro-gun organization.

Here are some clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-W2bgVxPJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ERKKC9Pl58

I am in contact with Nicki Stallard - the subject of the second video
- as part of my research on gun politics, and she's very interested in
promoting the film. She's a *very* vivacious speaker, too, if you
can't tell from the film!

So please let me know if you'd like more info on the film or to be put
into contact with her!

Jenny

Jennifer Carlson
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Sociology
University of California at Berkeley