FEAST-L Archives

February 2015

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:57:52 -0600
I do think we ought to note that Rate My Prof is, but its nature,
probably providing a biased sample. Since it is voluntary and online,
it is highly self-selecting, and also selects for people who feel very
strongly one way or the other. That seems quite likely to mean there
are fare more emotive comments than are typical.

This doesn't undermine the value of this resource. Not at all. It's
just that the value is then about gendered patterns in comments made
by people who feel strongly enough to rate.

Food for thought,
   Alison