FEAST-L Archives

March 2010

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Charlotte Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charlotte Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:43:28 -0500
Hi everyone,
I have a former student who is working on a women's studies thesis on
the incarcerated body --in particular women in jail--and I wonder if
anyone could recommend a book or article that discusses feminist work
on the body in philosophy beginning in the modern period (Descartes).
I realize this is a huge topic with lots of possible sources; however,
my student needs a book(s) or article(s) that will help orient her
work, and provide a framework for it.
Your thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Charlotte Witt