TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

September 2021

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2021 00:34:10 -0700
Cool reply Nicholas,

I would suggest reviewing the book The Conscious Brain.
My interpretation is that Attention, Consciousness, and Awareness are
distinct.
(Synonyms exist for a reason)

According to the book, “attention engenders (creates) experience”…and I’m
inclined to reconsider the Ancient Greek idea (reinterpreted) that *experience
is created by attention coming out of the witness, invested to profit
ideas…*

 (they apparently believed that light came *out* of the actual eyeball or
something)…but *the attention is always invested inside the body, *within
the brain, that’s one with all dimensions and possibilities within, (not
merely the 5lb 3D object we hold in mind, but a *moving target).*

A beautifully true idea I got from Dr. Sten Eckberg (a YouTube channel on
theketo diet), is that *the digestive system is outside of the body. *

And the Buddha said* the senses are the world. *

We digest food as soon as it enters the mouth, and ultimately, the physical
plane of existence is food for the soul.

I mean, truly, all we see is (*at least one with*) our digestive system.
I’m inside out, and if we keep thing is their proper context, I can say
that everything outside is in my belly.

The top of the ToK is the one infinite self. Everyone is the one.

Jamie

-Jamie