TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

April 2019

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Brent Allsop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2019 13:53:56 -0600
Hi Gergg,

That looks nice.  I’m obviously kind of biased, but it seems to me you are
glossing over the qualitative nature of reality, like redness and
greenness.  It seems to me everyone needs to understand that the qualities
we think are qualities of stuff “out there” are really qualities of stuff
in our brain.  We have no ability to perceive qualities of anything ‘out
there”.  For example Donald Hofman really understands this very important
stuff, as you can see in this wired article
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.wired.co.uk_article_the-2Dreality-2Dof-2Dsurvival&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=OjN5xOiTickcRLf-6DkJ56wcoEKyrYt1wkGyZVFMias&s=PqCFeHwcFLerbCAm8Nn5y7EmBna03vmBH-9G0PPV89s&e=>.

Anyway,  my very biased 2 cents worth.

Brent