Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:13:13 +0000
Good evening VA/DC FLL,
This note is to let everyone know about the upcoming regional qualifying tournament registration period. You will be able to access the newly updated registration system via the VA/DC FLL Web site (www.vadcfll.org) and registration will be open from noon on October 1st through noon on October 15th. Tournament assignments will be announced on Friday, October 17th. We will do our best to accommodate your first choice of tournament, but there are only a certain number of slots available for each location so - as in previous years - registration will be first come, first served.
The tournament listings have been updated and can be found on the "tournaments" page of the VA/DC FLL Web site. I have also pasted them at the bottom of this message for ease of use.
Please be aware that cookies must be enabled on your computer in order to use the registration system. If this poses a problem in your school or place of business, you will need to use another computer or have someone else register for you.
WHAT WILL I NEED TO BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR A TOURNAMENT?
- Your national FLL team number as provided by FIRST.
- Contact information for the coach.
- Team member details including name, gender, date of birth (to allow the system to assign age division), and whether or not the team member has participated in FLL before.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REGISTRATION.
* Because we know that a number of you are managers - and in some cases coaches - for more than one team, you will have the option to register multiple teams and list different coaches for each team. If you register more than one team then you will be responsible for any updates to each team that you register or you will need to share your log in information with individual managers to do so themselves.
* Any manager or coach email addresses provided will be automatically added to the "admin" email list from which all administrative messages will be sent.
A SPECIAL NOTE TO TEAMS REGISTERED WITH FIRST THAT DO NOT PLAN TO PARTICIPATE IN A VA/DC FLL QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT.
* Even if you don't plan to register a team for a VA/DC FLL regional qualifying tournament this season, please log in and make note of that so that we don't have to contact you separately (there will be a clear place to indicate this on the first page). This will help save time for our very busy volunteers who would otherwise have to follow up directly with any unregistered teams.
Thank you for all that you do and we look forward to an exciting season!
Virginia/DC FIRST LEGO League
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS, please visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
If you want to join the VADCFLL-ADMIN-L mailing list - to which FLL administrative announcements will be distributed - visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-admin-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".