Sender: First Lego League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:52:37 -0400
From: Randy Greene <[log in to unmask]>
I am not sure about the software issue.  I have heard of problems in the G
environment where the only solution was to rebuild the program on a fresh
file, but I have forgotten the particulars of the issue.

I have never found the robots able to reliably and repeatably travel a
straight line for more than a foot or two.  I encourage the students to
think about driving to a wall or rely on sensors when they get close to
their target...  tho my success with helpful questions depends on the makeup
of the team.  :-)  That said, I noted that the softer wheels have a lot more
variance and we have maybe eight tractor treads no two of which are quite
the same size.  The only way to be sure is to experiment with combinations
of hardware, tho that discipline too depends on the maturity of the team.