VADCJRFLL-L Archives

January 2014

VADCJRFLL-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Sender:
Junior FIRST LEGO League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Sparky Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2014 07:58:20 -0500
Hello Jr.FLL Coaches and teams,

Our email last night about the March 1st Expo prompted several inquires to
see if we are hosting the 5th annual Jr.FLL Expo at the Science Museum this
spring.  We will be hosting an event in April/May, but unfortunately the
Science Museum is completely booked for those days.  We are currently
looking into other locations and hope to have a location and date in the
next week - stay tuned.

We would encourage you to also consider the Expo on March 1st at the Arthur
Ashe Center.  That event will be in conjunction with the High School/Middle
School *FIRST* Tech Challenge(FTC) Championship - TONS of excitement with
48 teams competing.  Their challenge is called BLOCK PARTY  - check it out
at http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/ftc/game

At the Arthur Ashe event teams will still make team flags (materials
provided) for a parade of teams to kick-off the opening ceremonies for the
FTC event as well as the Expo - lots of excitement!!  There will be
Hands-on Engineering activities and teams will be able to talk with and see
demos from *FIRST* LEGO League (FLL) teams as well as an *FIRST* Robotics
Competition (FRC) team.  The event will end with the High Five ceremony and
medals for all participants.

We will have information out in the next week on the spring event...

Have fun with the Disaster Blaster season and we hope to see many of you on
March 1st or at the April/May event.

Sparky 384 *FIRST* Robotics Team
J.R. Tucker High School